Tuesday, September 20, 2011

5 years in Seattle!

As of this month (Sept. 17th to be exact), I've been living in Seattle for 5 years. I can't believe its been 5 years and in less than 6 weeks I'll be moving back to Hawaii. Despite the rain, the cold, and sometimes snow, I have to say I had a great experience living here and don't regret any of it.

I originally moved here to work for the PwC Seattle office after the Hawaii office announced it's closure. Call me dorky, but I really wanted to work for PwC even if it meant moving to Seattle. After 5 years, here are the things that Seattle allowed me to experience that I am deeply thankful for...

- Becoming a grown-up: Moving here forced me to live on my own, pay my own bills, and become financially independent. I learned how to take care of myself and stand on my own two feet.

- PwC Seattle: I could not have asked for a better place to start my career. Despite the long hours and working on weekends, I loved the people I worked for and with. The T-mobile was like my second family and some of my best memories in Seattle was with the T-mobile team, from our Chelan trips, the food-fight in the Mariners suite, dressing up on golf day, to our famous Nick nights and happy hours. I will miss all of you.

- Traveling: In the past 5 years, I've been to more cities, states, and countries then I have in my life time.  Whether it was for work or for vacation, I was able to travel to over 20 cities, in 7 states, and 5 countries.  I can't wait to add 2 more countries and 7 more cities to that list since we leave in 6 days for Spain and Greece.

- Friends: My group of friends here are the best and thank you for making the winters here tolerable.  I know we will all stay in touch and I love that. 

Last but not least, I am truly grateful for meeting my best friend and love of my life here.  Not to get all mushy, but Seattle will always hold a special place in my heart since this is where we met and fell in love.   I am excited to move to Hawaii with him and start our life as a married couple there.

Thank you Seattle for being such a great city! 
Next post...engagement photos and wedding updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment