Thursday, December 1, 2011

A day in Athens

Our first stop in Greece was Athens.  I was quite nervous about flying into Athens since we heard about all the strikes and riots in Athens.  Despite the news, we  both agreed were going to make the most of our week there since we might not ever have the chance to go back to Greece.  Greece was #1 on my travel bucket list so I was very excited to start this leg of our trip.

The day we flew to Athens there was a public transit strike so no metro and no buses.  Thank goodness for taxis!  We made it to our hotel which I booked through Jetsetter.  If you aren't a member of jetsetter and plan to travel abroad, I would highly recommend joining.  We booked a four star hotel Acropolis for $100! 

We only had one full day in Athens which was perfect.  Our favorite was seeing the Parthenon.
Greek salads taste so much better there.

Cool little bar in Athens, they served really yummy drinks!

Simply impressive




Walking through the streets in Athens.

For some reason, Dan and I both thought Greece was nice and sunny all year long.  Uhhh no, not at all.  We were lucky that it didn't rain while we were there but it was cold.  If I were to go again I would go in late May or early September which is right before or after the high peak tourist season. 

Our next and last stop of our three week adventure...Santorini. 


No comments:

Post a Comment